BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
The National Association of Black Social Workers, Inc. works to create a world in which people of Black African ancestry will live free from racial domination, economic exploitation, and cultural oppression. In collaboration with national, international, and other appropriate groups, NABSW will continue to leverage its collective expertise to strategically develop the capacity of people of Black African ancestry to sustain and flourish.
NABSW’s vision is guided by the Principles of the Nguzo Saba, which are Unity, Self-determination, Collective Work and Responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith, and the Seven Cardinal Virtues of Ma’at, which are Righteousness, Truth, Justice, Order, Reciprocity, Balance, and Harmony.
Members privileges will include occasions to CONNECT, LEARN, SAVE, as well as opportunities for EXPOSURE and CAREER GROWTH!
By joining YOU can expect the following benefits…
- Networking opportunities
- Discounted full-time student membership
- Discounted pricing for State, Regional, National and International Conferences
- NABSW Members Rewards Program
- The opportunity to participate in quarterly National Steering Committee Meetings
- The ability to purchase Professional Liability Insurance
- Presenter opportunities at the NABSW Annual Conference
- NABSW Career Center
- Local chapter and National leadership opportunities
- Access to webinars and online trainings
- Continuing Education Units
- Opportunities for study in the Organization’s African Centered Social Work Academy
- Book and Tuition Scholarships for eligible student members
- Periodic electronic updates regarding the National Organization's activities
- Awards to recognize individual and chapter accomplishments
- Website exposure for chapters and members
- Sankofa Mentorship Program
- Access to NABSW Position Papers and Position Statements